SOAS Taiwan Studies Summer School
The University of London’s School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) has just released details of this year’s SOAS Taiwan Studies Summer School sessions, to be held June 19-21, 2012.
I have just returned from a short visit to SOAS, and can personally vouch for the wonderful environment (watch out for stray foxes), their beautiful campus (right in the heart of London), and the samosas in the SOAS pub.
Environmental Politics, Taiwanese in China, Judicial Politics,
Marriage Migration, Fieldwork, Publishing in Taiwan Studies
Charles Chen (SOAS)
Isabelle Cheng (Portsmouth),
Monique Chu (SOAS)
Dafydd Fell (SOAS)
Simona Grano (Zurich University)
Hu Yi-ju (Judge: Taichung District Court)
Lara Momesso (SOAS)
Lin Ping (Chungcheng University)
1. Memories of a Future Homes: Teenagers from Taiwanese Schools in China (Lin Ping)
2. ” Fieldwork: Long-term Relationship with People in the Field (Lin Ping)
3. Nuclear energy in Taiwan and the Fourth Nuclear Power Station issue” (Simona Grano)
4. “Environmental governance in Taiwan” (Simona Grano)
5. Judicial independence and party politics in Taiwan (Hu Yi-ju)
6. Taiwan’s Green Party (Dafydd Fell)
7. Nuclear Referendum Issue (Charles Chen, Dafydd Fell, Simona Grano)
8. Roundtable on Publishing in Taiwan Studies (Dafydd Fell)
9. Issues in Researching marriage migration in Taiwan (Isabelle Cheng and Lara Momesso)
Research Training Seminar in Taiwan Studies:
This course is designed for students planning or currently conducting research projects in the field of Taiwan Studies. Students should prepare a short (max: 20-minute) presentation of their research project and will receive feedback from the seminar organizers.
Students wishing to give presentations should email Monique Chu (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include an abstract on their proposed research topic.
To register, contact Monique Chu (email@example.com).
Updated details here: